Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:26:39 2008

My Omega is a graduation gift from my father. Though I've owned
several other Seamasters, this own is the emotionally charged one.
I remember going to one of his friend's home to look at the watches.
His friend was a jeweler and brought several watches for me to look at.
On the coffee table was  the Omega Speedmaster, a Rolex Daytona
Cosmograph 6263, and a Rolex Submariner date.
The Daytona was not a selfwind then, and the Submariner did not have
a sweep second that I could start and stop. The Omega I could use to
process film, which was the chief criteria for my choice then.
Secondarily, as I lived in Santa Monica, every squid in town from
Malibu to Westwood, and Marina Del Rey, had a Rorex.
When the jeweler found out I wanted to use the Omega as my darkroom
watch, he suggested, being old school, I get a Casio for the
darkroom, and a more 'wearable' watch befitting a gentleman for other
occasions.
s.d.