Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Sun Oct 12 22:43:39 2008

I get the attraction - but I am still disappointed that it is hard to get
accurate timekeeping for more than $500. The "best" i.e. most functional and
accurate watch I have is a Casio that sets sets itself by the wireless
signal from Colorado, uses a solar panel instead of a battery, and is more
accurate and reliable than I could possibly need. It is also but ugly and no
fun. I wear it every day, hoping it will die. I cost around $100.
My favorite dress watch is a Jaeger-LeCoultre ana-digi that is kind of
accurate, and very pretty - this one, but with a steel strap:
http://tinyurl.com/4de4nb.
It gets no respect from the mechanical crowd, but it combines the best of
both worlds - thin, functional enough, needs no winding, pretty, and
accurate.
I bought a Reverso for my wife, and it is sometimes kind of close to the
right time, if it is wound. Beautiful.
--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net/blog