Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD #12 - Powerboat/Bow On
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Oct 7 14:59:00 2008

Doug - Yes indeed.  I can easily understand.

I don't know where you kayak, but in Woods Hole they are a real
concern.  Apart from taking Woods Hole Passage on with its 4 knot
currents and 3-4 foot standing waves, they seem oblivious to the fact
that the big powerboats coming through the Hole at full tilt are
focusing on the slower sailboats and the rocks at the edges of the
channel.  Unless they are wearing a day-glo orange outfit (hardly ever
seen one, BTW) the kayakers are all but invisible.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.