Subject: [Leica] magic 2
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Oct 4 19:32:47 2008

At 01:41 PM 10/4/2008, you wrote:
>waiting for the magic....
>

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/ecmo2.jpg.html

Steve -  I love your medical photographs, but this one is
amazing.  It's one of the most moving photographs I've ever
seen.  The sharpness of the child hooked up to monitors and equipment
in the foreground and the obvious concern of the out of focus mother
in the background, make this a universal photo of suffering and hope,
science and magic.  It's also one of the best uses of the Noctilux
that I've ever seen.  It is absolutely magic.  Anybody who has ever
had a sick child can look at this photo and relive that feeling of
despair and hope.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com