Subject: [Leica] IMG: porch tomato w/ 65 elmar
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Oct 1 15:20:07 2008

Daniel and Douglas:

If you heat your homes with a basement furnace of some sort, so that the
basement never gets below freezing, then pull the tomato plant/vine up
by its roots and hang it upside down in said basement.

Then place a small brown paper (am not certain that they have to be
brown) bag over each green tomato and fasten it almost tightly around
the stem.  I tried clear plastic sandwich bags once without very much
success

Almost all of them will ripen nicely during the fall/winter.  Yes, they
will!

Between now and next summer, see if you can procure some "Frisco Fogger"
seeds which don't need much sun to grow and ripen.  I grew lots of these
when I lived in the SF Bay Area.

Jim