Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: Alicante-Bath and back
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Oct 1 05:56:33 2008

Nathan,

German and Czech beers (with the exception of Staropramen) just can't
match any of the variety of beers and ales brewed in the UK by small
independent breweries in either taste or choice.

Pale, bitter and only palatable when cold - just because some brewer in
Plzen made up the recipe a long time ago shouldn't prevent continental
European brewers trying something different.

Admittedly, there are a few really good beers in Germany, Einbecker
Bock, Mai-bock or Doppelbock or L?bzer, for instance, but I wouldn't
waste the time passing the others through my bladder in most cases -
just pour them straight down the loo. The ridiculous 'Reinheitsgebot'
almost completely prevents the brewing of anything else.

Can't say anything positive or negative about Belgian beers - I never
had any.

Prosit!

Douglas