Subject: [Leica] Dead Seagate
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Sep 30 09:23:17 2008

I don't know if this works anymore, but in the old days (SCSI disks),
I'd pull the circuit board off of a similar drive and replace the one
on the dead drive with it. They had ribbon cables back then that were
easy to detach and then re-connect somewhere else.

It worked to save drives more often than not. I can't remember if the
motors were dead when I did this.

Daniel