Subject: [Leica] Dead Seagate
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:57:57 2008

LUG:

I have a Seagate external hard drive - 1T - which is less than two
months old.  Yesterday it started making whirring sounds and couldn't
be recognized by either my laptop or desktop.  Today it won't even
come on.  I tried switching out cables and power supplies with other
Seagates that I know work.  Nothing.  It's under warranty but if I
send it back, I lose almost two months of scans, over 500GB, and 8 GB
of photos that I downloaded from cards last week and had not yet
backed up :-( (I know that's stupid, but it's a brand new drive and I
was going to back it up before I leave town on Friday.)  If I open up
the case and try to see what's wrong, I void the warranty.

Has anybody got any suggestions for bringing this thing back to life
before I send it back to Seagate?  I'm not a happy camper this morning.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Dead Seagate)