Subject: [Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:39:51 2008

At 11:05 PM 9/28/2008, R. Clayton McKee wrote:

 >Welcome aboard, let's talk.
 >
 >It's THAT time of year again and  we're all drooling over the
 >potential new toys a lot of us can't afford, can't justify, or value
 >our loving family relationships too much to buy (imagine a thousand 4-
 >year-olds with an FAO Schwarz catalog)...  but if you just wipe your
 >monitor off before you read and give it a couple weeks to settle
 >down, you'll find probably the greatest living assemblage of analog
 >rangefinder talent AND general-purpose picturemaking skill in the
 >world on tap right here, delivered straight to your computer as often
 >as you like.   (Along with, of course, generous helpings of war
 >stories, tall tales, and other forms of ... call it "entertainment")

Two points.

First, Jan has, I believe, been a member of the
LUG for quite a while.  His discussion was about
whether to leave the list, not whether to join it.

Second, no, many of us do NOT lust after the
latest Leica offerings.  I certainly do not, as
these are all digital and I cannot do digital.  I
have a nice set of the latest versions of film
lenses and an updated Wetzlar M6, so I am quite
content.  I cannot think of anything Leica has
recently introduced which stirs my gonads other
than a few gee-gaws for my APO-Televid 77.  But,
even there, I am content with what I have and so be it.

So, my monitor is slobber-free and I am sorry to
hear about yours.  Water is a bad thing with
electronic devices, so you might employ some bare
measure of caution lest you find yourself
electrocuted, leaving your family at a loss of
just how to sell off your many Leica holdings.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...)