Subject: [Leica] Deffective ISBOO?
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:39:58 2008

At 02:54 PM 9/27/2008, Lluis Ripoll wrote:
 >Hi all,
 >
 >I've purchased on e-Bay an ISBOO, this is the LTM to M adapter for
 >lenses of 90 mm. When monted on my M6 the framelines displayed was the
 >ones of the 135mm instead of the 90mm.
 >
 >AFAIK this adaptershould work for M's for the 90 lenses, atleastis
 >what I have on my books.
 >
 >Any opinion?

Luis

This is common with Leitz adapters:  someone
ground down the cam along the way as he or she needed a 135mm frameline.

I've used a number of these adapters and I will
recommend that you stick with those made by
Leitz.  Yes, the Cosina ones are okay, though a
bit flimsy, but the Leitz ones could endure being
run over by a tank.  They are tough.

By the way, I regularly shoot 135mm on my Leica
RF cameras and have experienced no problems.  On
occasion, I use a Soviet/Post-Soviet 2X
tele-extender with a 2/8.5cm CZJ Sonnar T to
produce a 4/17cm combination, and the RF base on
my IIIc still allows proper registration.  I find
a 90mm a bit wide and really get nervous when it is as wide as 50mm ...

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Deffective ISBOO?)