Subject: [Leica] Trying to catch up
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 27 20:20:09 2008

Jim Hemenway offered:

>> Shot in June with the Leica-R 60mm macro mounted on the Oly E-510:

<http://www.hemenway.com/HornPondLagoon-06122008.jpg>

   or: http://tinyurl.com/4pgcqm <<<<<<<<

Jim my friend.. It doesn't work!  :-(

WHY?

As I see it, it's too confusing! Your eye doesn't lock on one centre of
interest. Your eyes seem to go all over searching for the "centre of
interest."

The background, although a blur, is just as much a distraction against the
blue sky as the branches pointing in all directions are.

Now I tried several ways of cropping to see if I could visualize what
attracted you to trip the shutter? And for the life of me I can't put
anything together to make it work. :-(

Maybe getting tighter on one element if possible, you do have a 60 Macro
lens. The 60mm is a beauty and concentrating on one branch with leaves or
leaves alone, might have been the answer?

However what I would be interested in is. "What caught your eye and what did
you see as a picture to make this exposure?"

Now I'm not being a smart ass asking this question because a number of
people, including myself, may learn what your motivation was for you to go
"click?" Just maybe I'm missing the point altogether? Please. Thank you.

No offence intended by critique, nor question!

ted

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Trying to catch up)