Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri Sep 26 10:47:32 2008

Harrison,

I can see why you might have a jaded view of ex-demo stuff.  However,
when I bought my M8 over a year ago, I had the choice of a black M8 at
full price or a chrome one at ?300 off the list price.  While I
originally wanted black, there was no way I could justify ?300 for black
paint / anodizing / whatever they use!

It came with a full warranty and passport, so didn't strike me as a
particularly risky proposition.  The thought that it might be a Pup
didn't occur to me.  Anyhow, had I had problems, then it would have gone
straight back to the dealer (Robert White, who are very good indeed).

I've put 6000+ shots through it to date and it's performed brilliantly.
  In all honesty it's capabilities probably exceed mine.  I figure
(hope) it's going to be a reliable piece of kit.  If it was going to go
wrong, the likelihood is that it would have done in the first few
hundred shots (knock on wood).

So here's hoping it will last as long as my film Ms.

Before I bought the M8, my film Ms languished in my Billingham getting
very little use as my Canon EOS 20s were getting a hammering.  Now I
have the M8, the Canons get very little use.  The film Ms still languish
in the bottom of the bag too, but at least I'm using the lenses!

All the best

Mark

--

Mark Pope,