Subject: camera shake was: Re: [Leica] a serious question
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 07:55:42 2008

Philip Forrest <photo.forrest@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I just wish that Canon had taken their excellent EOS 1N RS pellicle
> mirror system and implemented it in their digital line. Then they'd
> have the best of both worlds, so to speak.

The light loss from a pellicle mirror would have been a big problem for me
when using film, but with the high ISO capabilities of most dSLR cameras
it's less of a problem.  A bigger issue IMHO is keeping the pellicle mirror
clean.  IIRC one of the big drawbacks of the pellicle mirror is the
succeptibility to scratches, and that it's always in the light path.
Either clean it and risk scratches, or leave it dusty; you've got either
scratches or dust in the light path for every picture.  And you still have
to flip it out of the way to clean the sensor (or have a DMR-style back
that opens).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?