Subject: For Phillipe Re: [Leica] IMG: Photo examples using Rollei ATP 1.1
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Sep 26 07:20:13 2008

Philippe,

I figured out what you're seeing. Since the statue is smoother then
the surrounding stone and it is in bright sunlight, the highlights
are blown somewhat. Here is an enlargement of the book the statue is
holding. On the face of the book are Greek letters which you can
read. It is clearly in focus. This is a huge enlargement.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/ATP/Img25c.jpg.html>

I don't think I could get the photo you recommend with film and the
M7. The focus is not precise enough, especially with this film which
has a very thin base. Rollei recommends that you stop down to get
enough DOF with the thinner then normal film base. I could try it
with my 1DS MK II and 50mm f1.2 lens.

Regards,
Len