Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD - Cute Kids; Bright Color
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Sep 25 08:18:57 2008

Between an excess of work and weekend fun during the summer I haven't
had any time to post regularly.  I took pictures every weekend though
and, now that I've got some time, am going to do a Picture-a-Day to
inflict.... er, no ... *share* them with you - and maybe drive myself
nuts with the commitment to post a pic every morning over the next few
weeks.  :-)

These are virtually all taken in the Woods Hole area of Cape Cod, on
Buzzards Bay, and on Vineyard Sound.  Most were taken from a friend's
sailboat.

Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island, the islands that form the
southern boundary of Vineyard Sound, are a rich-folk's playground so
there were quite a few luxury yachts on display, as well as many
traditional New England boats, and even some quirky designs that may
be unique to the area.  Weather plays a role, too.  Some of the
puffiest clouds this side of Yorkshire got my attention as did a dark
and stormy day just before Hurricane Hanna.  Birds and dogs will also
got my eye as the season wound down and I began to feel I'd exhausted
the possibilities in boat pictures.

As I suspect you all know by now, sailing is a major passion of mine
and I can even sometimes find vicarious, if grudging, pleasure in the
obvious delight power boaters seem to find in pure speed.  Just being
on the water or in its vicinity is another source of joy.  I hope some
of that comes through in these pictures.

All were taken with a D300 and either a 17-35 or 70-200 f2.8 zoom,
sometimes with a 1.4 teleconverter attached to the latter.

First up is this shot of two kids showing good downwind form in a very
light air race in Woods Hole Great Harbor.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2008_PAD/300_1906.jpg.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/http-gallery-leica-users-org

(Yes, that's what tinyurl gave me.  Hope it works.)

C&C always welcome.  I can respond to off-list comments to the address
below during the day.  On-list comments will be read in the early
evening.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

P.S. Brian - As you must have heard before, the new server really
rocks.  Thanks.