Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Sep 22 15:50:59 2008

Ted,

With most area gas stations having no gas 37mpg is not a bad thing...I
wish I had one of those little VW Diesel's and got over 50mpg...  ;)
(sorry I could not resist)

I was always one of the "No way I would ever spend 8 grand on a camera"
types...until a month or so ago and bought the EOS1DsMarkIII.  This
thing is definitely in the WOW category.  The resolution and image
detail is better than any thing I have ever used before.  I have gotten
more comments about how good my files are since getting this thing than
at any time in the past years.  The thing handels excellently and
everytime I look at the images I am just blown away by them.

This new Leica is probably targeted at the same people who but the 1Ds
line.

Now a technical question...the image from a lens is an image circle
correct? Not a rectangle, correct?  Now a 35mm piece of film is a
rectangle so to make a larger sensor all one really would need to do is
to make it square, 35mm square, and you'd have a larger sensor and still
be able to use existing lenses, or am I WAY off on my thinking?

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography