Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon Sep 22 15:02:54 2008

2008-09-22-17:45:55 Ted Grant:
> Actually I really don't want to hear simply because it'll be so far out of
> the pocket book range of most ordinary Leica users they wont have a hope in
> hell of buying one.  I honestly hope I'm wrong!!!!!!

I doubt it.  But this doesn't look like something meant for "most
ordinary Leica users".  It looks like a foray into the studio market, to
compete with the medium-format-ish cameras from the likes of Hasselblad
and friends.  This actually sounds like a really smart move to me,
because that market, while not high-volume, tends to absorb much higher
prices without blinking too much.

I see this new camera as something which, while it has the additional
kind-of-cute feature that you can pick it up and carry it around
outside, will spend most of its time tethered to a computer in a studio
with a lighting setup.

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] S2 hits Photokina)