Subject: IMG: [Leica] IMG: on my morning walk
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Mon Sep 22 04:39:39 2008

Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

>Thanks Philippe. I made a different DoF decision here since I wanted the
>whole area of textured trunk. You would be proud of me, lying on a damp dirt
>track for my art! There were two large kangaroos near by and I distinctly
>heard them sniggering. I do love the dappled light and shapes of the first
>better though. Shall I post in the subtle original colour too?

The one I saw is in clour Geoff  ;-)

We sometimes tend to forget how difficult a take can be sometimes , and
of course also sometimes we only judge others by their results, just as
the layman would.
I was reminded of this on Saturday night when, attending my best
friend's 50ieth birthday, I tried to get some, some, of the atmosphere
our Wedding Expert has  got me into the bad habit of liking too much ;-)
Watching my unedited batch Sunday morning I appreciated his consistent,
wonderful, whatever the time of year or season, excellent results. And
all the more so as none of mu shots ever came close to one of his
photographs.
The learning curve may be steep, but it is always a pleasure to climb it
with photography lovers such as the pack on the LUG.

Bien amicalement
Philippe