Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware upgrade
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 02:39:52 2008

Steve,

Well I'm not sure I qualify as a big time traveler, but this trip is surely
the biggest we have ever attempted.  ;-)  The Macbook has been a real joy to
work with and fits into my camera bag very nicely, but adds weight... No
surprise!  As for e-mail access, it has not been bad, only a few spots so
far with no access, mostly in the ex-GDR hotels this past week.  OUtside of
hotels, you should expect to pay for access, as not all have free internet
services.  In Poland the hotel had free internet WiFi in Warsaw's Old Town.
Italy was also not a problem, but the hotel in Milan had a high fee for its
use, where in Venice it was free.  Germany on the whole is also not a
problem except for this past week in the fore mentioned Ex GDR area in the
Thuringen area.  Photo opertunities are great as expected.  And I am looking
forward to Photokina next Friday and Saturday (26th & 27th).

The only down side has been my wife catching a bug this past week and has
not been able to get out of the house since, but she is finally getting
better.  She needs to get better soon as the two things she has really
wanted to do are coming up soon... This week a trip down the Rhine, and in
the first part of October the trip to Paris.

The weather is starting to cool down, so we may just have to take a trip to
Spain and visit Luis and Nathan in the second half of October to get warmed
up again.  ;-)

Not sure if that answers your questions, but so far no real problems.

Gene

From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>