Subject: [Leica] Who will purchase the 21 and 24 mm ?
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (ejcaliguri@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 21:04:50 2008

I can see Mehrdad's point; we don't know how they will perform. I as well
know the Canon's are miserable, but my point is that , for my humble intents
and purposes, I like to get in close with a wide,; photograph the action
there. With a Rangefinder wide at these speeds (and I use a 'old' Noct and
like it) you'll need the external viewfinder, and to monitor your focus, the
photographer will constantly be shifting from external finder to
rangefinder. Even with an 'add on eyepiece', the DOF will be nil, and focus
best be right on the money, and this may prove troublesome. They are large
pieces of glass as well.

My point essentially is that I am both an M and R user - and using the M
with a 21, 24 or 28 I like to get the grab shot right in the center of the
action. With the current 2.8 and 2.0 objectives, I can pre-focus, use f/8.0
or f/5.6, even f/4.0, get right in there and shoot away. I can do that also
with the new glass; but then I am paying for light I am not using. Hence the
thought that I'd rather have them in an R version on my DMR (or better R10)
than on my M8/8.2. Wide open at f/1.4, shooting within a group of moving
people, I'm constantly framing and focusing with different finders. See my
point? Then there are the 'corner cyan blues' to contend with - maybe.

Edward
--
Edward J. Caliguri
ejcaliguri@comcast.net