Subject: [Leica] RE: using the 21/24 f1.4 M ' Lux
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Sun Sep 14 11:23:06 2008

Sure; Doug and Tina - I would love, for photojournalist work, one of
these, and I can see the allure. I would love to see an R counterpart
(a la Nikon), and I have both the f/1.0 Noct and 50 ASPH ' Lux. As
Tina hints toward, it's the price. Over $7000.00 for each! And the
current 21 and especialy the 24 are superb performers - light too. And
on the M8 or M8.2 you will need a finder, where I think one wild like
to be 'up close' in the center of the action using the finder directly
- or stopping down to zone focus.  Not that i cannot see the
advantages of these M lenses, but I would have rather seen an M8.2
with most of the M8 'problems' addressed, or a real R10 that would
roll put soon be shown.

For me then, I'll take my present equipment and use the cash to travel
and do some nature/bird work :-)

Edward
Dr. Edward J Caliguri
ejcaliguri@comcast.net