Subject: [Leica] IMG: Iran
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 16 17:26:26 2008

PESO:

I've been scanning more photos from Iran in the 1970's and have put a
few up for review:

http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3917425_sxVhB#229714857_dbyCB

If you want to see them large, click on Slideshow.  If you are one of
those who think execution is more important than content, don't
bother. They will drive you crazy. As they have me. These are
terribly scratched, dirty old negatives which may only be of
historical interest.  They were made when I was very young and using
my first camera - a Minolta SRT 101 - and either Plus X or Tri X
Kodak film that had been stored in the window of a photo shop in
Teheran, developed with outdated chemicals in heavy mineral
well-water in a dust storm in the desert. ;-)  I had a lot to learn
about photography!  I still have several thousand more to scan, but
I'm taking a break because the spotting is driving me crazy. I'll
post a before and after of one 100% section of a photo if anybody is
interested.

Seeing spots in my sleep!

Tina

Tina Manley