Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hummingbird
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Sep 12 17:57:48 2008

At 08:12 PM 9/12/2008, you wrote:
>Hummingbird activity has picked up this week at our feeders,
>indicating that migration has started through our area. After much
>frustration, I finally got one decent shot with my Oly E-510 using
>an adapted Takumar 200mm f/4 lens and ISO 800.
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Hummer441.tif.html
>
>Comments and critiques welcomed.
>
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA

Those guys move so fast, I don't know how anybody photographs
them.  That one looks great!  We have about 4 pair coming to the
feeders on our back porch at the farm.  They've gotten brave enough
to zip right through even when we're sitting there.  So far, I've
just been enjoying watching them, but you are inspiring me to get out
the long Leica lenses ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com