Subject: [Leica] who is on line for the M8 upgrade?
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Sep 12 08:16:33 2008

Eric,

That's good news. I've been waiting for the NJ techs to get a little
practice in before touching mine. I figure 100 is about right. I'm
not sure if I want both mods or just the shutter. My original black
M8 has had the shutter repaired once already for the re-cocking
problem. Funny thing, the camera built immediately before mine (next
ser#) ended up with the same problem, was fixed and now is going in
again for a different shutter problem. (Reported by a Leica Forum
member in the mid-West). So I'm going to go for the new shutter and
the extended warranty.

Len