Subject: [Leica] Weird problem
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Sep 11 23:48:23 2008

In fact, I can make a comment about the sensors. I made images of Ayers Rock
under starlight and for some reason the DMR began to add in stars to the
image over about 16 to 20 seconds. I did not use those images because the
stars moved too much. When the image was processing into LR, I noted all
sorts of bright dots, many of which disappeared when the final image snapped
into view, but a few would persist. They were easy to recognize: unlike
stars, they did not move and were square.

I presumed at those times, the sensors would "fail" in some spots. Nothing
like this problem. I still get some images dirtied by sensor "streak"

http://tinyurl.com/444phb

Cheers

Alastair