Subject: [Leica] About to take M8 plunge - but worried about blownhighlights...
From: simonpj at mac.com (Simon P-J)
Date: Wed Sep 3 13:06:45 2008

Many thanks for all the responses to my question about highlights and the
M8. Mine is now on order...

It sounds like the relatively carefree attitude to exposure that is possible
with current colour negative (especially if you are relying on good incident
readings) is not quite possible with the M8. But it also sounds like a shift
of thinking towards using the camera and its histogram as the exposure meter
can give you a similarly 'set and forget' approach.

Thanks again for all the responses from this very generous list. I've been
listening in almost daily since 1998 - and can't quite believe how far
things have come over that time. Looking at the two LUG yearbooks, the
wonderful Family of Man 2 volume, and Doug's book is almost like looking at
the family album.

Simon.