Subject: [Leica] [IMG] PAWs 20 - 22
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Sun Aug 31 13:52:05 2008

Peter Dzwig wrote:
> PAW 20: Old pathway, probably part of the Pilgrim's Way to Canterbury:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/PAW334930018Path.jpg.html
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/PAW334930018Path.jpg.html>
>
> Kodak BW400CN Leica M3 5cm Summarit f8
>
> Street Sign at Covent Garden:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/CoventGardenMarkertSign.jpg.html
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/CoventGardenMarkertSign.jpg.html>
>

> PAW 21: Kodak BW400CN Leica M3 5cm Summarit f5.6 1/500th
>
> ok so it's a tree. I thought it amusing!. The note translates (from a very
> polite French) as: PARKING: Avoid putting your car under the trees whaich
> are
> the refuge of numerous birds who can be disagreeable for your car's
> cleanliness"
>
> Well, it struck me as funny at the time !
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/07200018TreeBurgundy.jpg.html
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PAW2008/07200018TreeBurgundy.jpg.html>
>
> PAW 22: Leica IIIf Kodak BW 400CN f8 1/500th yellow filter
>
> Your comments and constructive criticisms are as always welcome,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to look.
>
> Peter Dzwig

Peter,

having experienced the damage that bird droppings can do to a car?s
paintwork, I understand the sentiment behind the sign.  The
funniest/strangest sign I think I?ve seen in france was in a vegetable
patch in a village near Le Mans.  It said  ?Ne mangez pas mes choux!?
(Don?t eat my cabbages!?)

 I never did work out who or what the sign was intended for...

All the best,

Mark

--

Mark Pope,