Subject: [Leica] What's available
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Aug 28 08:05:48 2008

Geoff Hopkinson  explained :
Subject: RE: [Leica] What's available

>>>I don't see where any confusion comes from. Ted is praising Tina's use of
the available light and saying that some less talented photogs might use
flash instead and ruin the shot.<<

Hi Geoff

Thanks for making it clear what my comment was about, as only a fool would
ever suggest Tina use a flash in her use of the magic she does with a camera
and available existing light!

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately you missed the first posting as I wasn't alluding to using
flash on Tina's beautiful example of seeing and appreciating the effects of
a candle lit scene.

My point was, she used what was motivating her to shoot.. "the LIGHT on the
subject as seen!"  Creating a very beautiful moment by existing light.

Then pointed out there are so called photographers.. Who would destroy the
scene by using a twinkie light simply because they don't have the brains to
read, recognize and understand the effects of light as we see it.

I trust this helps.

If not, Hoppy please correct me. :-) Thanks old buddy! :-)

ted

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Robert Meier <robertmeier@usjet.net> wrote:

> Ted,

> Did someone suggest Tina should have used a flash?   Did I miss something?

> Robert

>> Hi Tina,

>> Classic girl. Classic!

>> One of the truly great lenses of Leica is the Noctilux! Man at f1.0 you

>> don't shoot by "available light", you shoot by available darkness! :-)

>> Through out my career I used the light illuminating the subject as much

as