Subject: [Leica] OT - External Hard Drive Advice
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 26 16:12:23 2008

At 06:52 PM 8/26/2008, you wrote:
>What are some good brands of USB external hard drives of 1 TB in size?  I
>had a lot of trouble with Western Digital drives the last few years at
>school.  Many had to be returned as they crashed.  How about Seagate?
>LaCie?  Hitachi?
>
>What would be the best quality drive to get?
>
>Aram

Seagate has a five year warranty - the only one I know of that
does.  I have 6 Seagate 1TB external drives and none of them have
failed (knock on wood!)  I did have to change the cable on one.  My
LaCie's over 500GB all failed.  YMMV!!
Seagate also bought Maxtor which did not have a good record with me,
but maybe Seagate improved Maxtor instead of declining to Maxtor
standards.  Who knows!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com