Subject: [Leica] Capture One 4 settings for Oly E-510 (&4xx, 5xx)
From: pklein at threshinc.com (pklein@threshinc.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 08:22:18 2008

Capture One v.4 supports both the M8 and the Olympus E-510, both of which
I have.  Has anyone used Capture One 4 for the Olympus E-4xx or 5xx series
(all have similar sensor properties)?  If so, what settings are you using,
especially the Noise Reduction and Sharpening settings?

It would be nice to use a single RAW developer for both cameras, both for
consistency, and because the provided Olympus Master is excruciatingly
slow. But I'm having some trouble finding the sweet spot for noise
areduction and sharpening. The best E-510 settings in JPG or the OEM RAW
software are NR off or Low, and Sharpening -2 or -1 for low and high (ISO
400 or 800+) respectively. I'm trying to find reasonable equivalents.

C-1 3.7.7, which I'm most familiar, doesn't support the E-510.

--Peter