Subject: [Leica] Ebay Policy changes..... No more Checks.....
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Aug 22 06:12:54 2008

I agree and it is quite useless to file police reports when the perp is out
of state.  I had that fine experience.  The police were like, "well we
can't go to Pennsylvania to look for these people."  It was all quite lame,
not at all like TV.

Seems to me eBay has become more of an outlet center then world wide garage
sale.  Retail oriented businesses are dominating the space it seems.

At 12:30 AM 8/22/2008, you wrote:
>Terrible story..... and a major reason I am against taking Paypal for large
>ticket items.
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net
>

>I will not accept paypal as payment for any amount at which I would
>cringe to lose unless it's from a trusted source.  Paypal offers no
>more protection (and actually even less so) than sending cash through
>the mail.

Chris Saganich, M.S.
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964