Subject: [Leica] Fair Trade Laws
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Aug 20 19:16:39 2008

Nathan,It is actually a fairly narrow decision about a very niche
manufacturer that was trying to control it's quality level.  The
manufacturer defined quality to include sales and support that actually knew
something about the product.  So, the manufaturer by contract set the
minimum price that their product could be sold.  If you violated the
contract you signed then they quit shipping you product.

What the court actually said was if you signed a contract then that is that.