Subject: [Leica] IMG: OT Equip - Barker Pass
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Fri Aug 15 21:27:36 2008

My final hike for the vacation took my daughter and me up to 8,400ft., about
the same distance above Lake Tahoe as Lake Tahoe is above sea level.

The air was thin, sun extremely bright and company spectacular! This is a
pass in the Pacific Crest Trail, from Washington to Southern California.
Sister trail to the Appalachian and Continental Divide trails.

These from a new Canon system; first image is with a 45 tilt/shift lens. The
branch in the lower right is about 1 foot away, Lake Tahoe is in the
background.

The second image had a huge dynamic range. I blended 3 exposures using HDRI
software. Though not a completely natural look, I think it's effective in
conveying the magnitude of the view.

In CS3 all images seem very sharp. I'll be printing a couple of them large
to see how they look.

http://www.raflexions.com/Tahoe13th

Thanks for taking a look. Comments always greatly appreciated,
Bob
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com