Subject: [Leica] Fakes and Drugs
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Aug 14 11:32:49 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Horse crap, Steve.
>
> The issues about testing are most severe with regard to false
> positives -- kicking out athletes who never used drugs.
>
> SOMEONE has to speak in favor of the athletes and I'm making it me.
> They train damn hard and I'm not letting the cynical unwashed masses
> corrupt their effort.
>
> If you have good evidence that Phelps or any other swimmer is using
> performance enhancing drugs then step forward and demonstrate it.
>
> My essay and response was the broad painting of all athetes and all
> programs as dopers when sport is doing a great deal both during the
> Olympics and especially outside it, to make sure the playing field is
> level.
>
> Or, I suppose, we can just say inject your heart out and chance take
> the consequences. That'll be the day I never follow another sporting
> event again.
>
> Yours in disgust,
>
> Adam

I think you protest too much Adam, not sure why you are so emotional
with no data...

aside from your heartfelt emotional assurances and protests, do you
have any real data, or answers to my questions?

You appear to have more "concern about the athletes", than concern
about testing them properly and accurately...

Steve