Subject: [Leica] Digital M4/3 Olympus for M lenses
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed Aug 13 16:30:56 2008

Here is a snip from a Digital Preview interview posted yesterday:

DCW: With the M4/3 system it should be possible to use Leica M-mount
lenses through a converter. I'm excited about the potential of using
those old interchangeable rangefinder types of lenses, but will it be
possible?

OGAWA: As an interchangeable-lens camera system, [M4/3] will have the
shortest flange-back distance, so it should be possible. I personally
hope that it becomes possible. As a lens-mount standard, some
problems may occur in guaranteeing operation, so it may not be
possible to support it from the corporate perspective, but I do hope
that it comes about.

Source:http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=28933294

Full interview thread starts at:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=28933263

Seeing typical Olympus digital SLR prices for bodies in the $400 to
$1500 (Pro E-3) range, this could be the best thing ever for
resurrecting our M lenses with an affordable and proven standard!

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger
www.northcoastphotos.com

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Digital M4/3 Olympus for M lenses)