Subject: [Leica] Fakes
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 12 17:32:00 2008

>On Aug 12, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>
>>I'm surprised to read that people feel so strongly about this. The
>>opening
>>ceremony is simply entertainment or theatre, like a super Hollywood
>>blockbuster movie. Seems like they put on a pretty spectacular show
>>to me.
>>Now Michael Phelps you could consider to be a REAL annoyance ;-) ;-)

You don't see anything wrong with telling a young girl that she is
not pretty enough to sing in public?  That her voice will be used but
another prettier girl will be photographed?  Or using computer
fireworks because the sky is too full of pollution to see real
ones?  Or filling the stands with paid "fans" in order to save
face?  What in the world is the world coming to when we can't believe
anything we see or read?  It's all lies.  Where do you draw the line
between entertainment and news?  The television and newspapers seem
to have a real problem with drawing that line.

Tina

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Fakes)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Fakes)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Fakes)