Subject: [Leica] Leica Camera Solms: serious decline in sales
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Aug 12 16:01:03 2008

The good news.... Higher expenses in R+D = More new products.....
                                 Delays in new product launches = More new
products.......

The Bad news.....  Thin financial bandwidth...... will they last long enough
to bring those new products to market, in volume?

Leica - Photokina should be fun this year..... I guess there is pretty good
info that the R line will get a major boost....
I could see myself getting a R body for my first real digital camera.  After
all, the available R lenses (used) are pretty plentiful and really a bargain
compared to the used M lenses.  But if they change  the mount, even with an
adapter, I doubt I would be at all interested in a kluge-combo.

Do we have any real data ( info leaks ?) that the M line will get something
special as well?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net