Subject: [Leica] SFMOMA incident
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Aug 11 19:58:23 2008

Unfortunately this is one of those incidents we are not clearly hearing both
sides of exactly what went down.

Given what's been written about this Hawke chap it appears he's some type of
hot head always looking for confrontation instead of taking his pictures
with honour and moving on. Now that comment is based strictly on what we've
read here.

Our job is tough enough at any time these days when we have to put up with
the idiocy side of "terrorist paranoia" rampant every time we have a camera.

Quite frankly we really don't need any bad press about a photographer being
escorted out of any where because he was creating a scene or whatever it
was.

All that does is give the paranoia nuts ammunition to ban all photographers
and photography. A terribly stupid idea!

Let us hope there isn't further media stories out of this incident.

ted