Subject: [Leica] Re: Olympics (WAS: Corn Fields)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Aug 11 06:46:53 2008

Nathan Wajsman offered in answer to:

>>>I am sure the opening ceremony at the 1936 Berlin Olympics was equally
impressive...<<<<

Lottermoser George wrote:

> Well you should NOT have missed the Opening Ceremony.

> In terms of "shows," dance, composition, color, history,

> profound  non verbal communication

> it ranked among the best.

> Goose bumps and tears of joy experienced over a 20" >cathode ray tube.
Can't imagine what it must have been like >to actually see it live.<<<

Hi Guys & Gals,

I can only offer it doesn't matter which opening or closing on the tube it
isn't anything like being right there in the stadium shooting on assignment.

I've had the good fortune to shoot every opening since 1968 accept for
Sarajevo, winter games. And Moscow when the west boycotted the Games due to
the invasion of Afghanistan.  My last was Barcelona 1992!

Each and everyone when you're there, you swear it's better than the last!

One may say. "There's no show like it!"

Actually I find it very difficult watching the Games on the tube simply
because I'm not in the heat of "battle" along with probably about 2000
photographers in Beijing!

Trust me this isn't anything like shooting Friday flowers! :-)

ted