Subject: [Leica] Williamsburg and Washington DC
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Sat Aug 9 17:59:40 2008

Thanks for the kind words Geoff,

I shot with the wide as there is not often the room to use a 35 or 24
and get the effect I was wanting in the photos.

Williamsburg is actually famous for being a pretty big part of our
nations founding.  Many of the founding fathers were from there and
argued in the House of Burgess, disagreeing with the continually rising
taxes from the English Crown (funny in 200 plus years we still get too
much taxes from a government who does not listen to its governed) and
the Bill of Rights in our constitution was heavily derived from a
"Virgina" Bill of Rights written there.  It is a neat historic city and
you are correct in that it is a "living history" type of place.

I really did not think about making them B&W or warm tone B&W for
effect...I may try that on some of them, thanks for the idea.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Williamsburg and Washington DC)