Subject: [Leica] Micro FourThirds
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri Aug 8 01:46:44 2008

Interesting. One of the reasons put forward for the
original 4/3 system by Olympus years ago was the need
(with telecentric lenses suited to digital sensors)for
a much bigger lens throat to sensor ratio than had
been needed for film.
This micro 4/3 system means either they were wrong or
the pressure to make smaller cameras and the public
acceptance (in general) of the quality of film lenses
on digital sensors means that they can be less
exigeant than they thought and still produce saleable
products.
I await with interest.......
Frank

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08080501microfourthirds.asp#press