Subject: [Leica] Micro FourThirds
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Aug 7 11:44:42 2008

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08080501microfourthirds.asp#press

I found the naming a bit interesting. Nothing "micro" about a shorter
flange distance, smaller lens mount, or two more contact points. Maybe
it just sounds photoish like Micro-Nikkor. They should have called it HD
FourThirds. The HD for Half Distance but people would have assumed it
meant High Definition (and who in their right mind doesn't want that)!

OTOH, make a camera with a four thirds chip that looks and handles like
this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_CL or this
http://www.contaxcameras.co.uk/gseries/gseries.asp and you can call it
whatever you want. I'm sold already. Olympus or Panaleica certainly know
how to make small, high performance, fast primes.

Please don't make us rely on Live View for framing. I don't want a
glorified P&S. I want an optical viewfinder, although the rangefinder
can be electronic (i.e. LED).

DaveR

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Micro FourThirds)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Micro FourThirds)