Subject: [Leica] help identifying a contax
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Aug 7 16:00:42 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@san.rr.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I'm afraid you are wrong.  Even Marc Small will tell you that the bumps are
> bi-metallic
> corrosion products caused by copper alloy rivets being used in aluminium
> structure. The
> resulting oxides and metallic salts are bulkier than the aluminium and
> hence
> they bulge the
> leather covering.
>
> Do a little research first!

I knew it was something like that, but for the naked eye, they just
look like bubbles and I didn't care enough about the chemistry.

Message from doug at ricecracker.net (doug kim) ([Leica] help identifying a contax)
Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] help identifying a contax)
Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] help identifying a contax)