Subject: [Leica] help identifying a contax
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Aug 7 11:56:12 2008

It is a IIa but I can't quite make out whether it is a color dial or
black dial.  Are all the shutter speeds black?  If yes, then it is a
black dial.  It determines the type of flash sync that you have (red =
electrical, black = mechanical).

You can read more about them here:  http://cameraquest.com/conrf.htm

Yours looks like in very nice shape, with no Zeiss bumps.

Vick

Replies: Reply from doug at ricecracker.net (doug kim) ([Leica] help identifying a contax)