Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 3 09:23:42 2008

At 12:15 PM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
>You do not need any books for
>Lightroom. It is nice and simple and that is precisely the beauty of
>it. Just look at the docs on adobe.com and the help files--this is all
>you need.
>
>Cheers,
>Nathan

I agree to a certain extent, Nathan.  Lightroom is very intuitive
with most of the tools right where you'd expect them to be; however,
like most Adobe programs there are upteen different ways to do
everything!  Some of them may fit better with the way you work and
save you even more time.  You may discover, after processing quite a
few photos, that adjusting Brightness is better for your photos than
adjusting Exposure.  That's just one example where reading about what
to use when can help.  I agree that the help available on the
internet is very thorough, but I like to have a book in front of me
to underline and highlight while I'm learning.  That's just the way I
learn.  Martin Evening's first book on Lightroom was a great help to
me.  I, too, have thrown away tons of computer books.  They become
obsolete very fast but are invaluable while I'm still learning!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Lightroom 2)