Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica d700 shipping (or so they say)
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Aug 1 09:07:24 2008

Michael,

I appreciate your comments about DX lenses being functional on the D700.

I'm holding out for FF. Not because of performance; but because when a
camera can use all the real estate provided by its lenses, it's a sign
that things are maturing to a point that I won't feel compelled to
reload with new equipment every year or two. IMO the D700 is a nice step
forward (like when the 8008 replaced the N2020).

Camera equipment can add up to a lot of loot. A big purchase every few
years is one thing. Every few months gets to be a bit extravagant. It's
different for professional photographers. I'm not sure it's less
painful. It's just necessary (i.e. more need to have than nice to have).

DaveR