Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2 Ships!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jul 29 10:26:09 2008

Good Synopsis..... Thanks Wade......

I need to replace Elements 4.0,m and I was thinking about the solution....
Sounds like LR is the way to go......since I do not do that "other
stuff".....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

> Why does Lightroom exist?  What does it do that PS will not do?

Much has been already written to answer this question:

http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/2007/why-lightroom/
http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=445734
http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2008/archives/1308

My 2 cents having worked on all the tools we're talking about:
simplicity

LR was designed ground up for photography.  It *is* about the
photographic process once the image is snapped.  Photoshop is a tool
for lots of different people - graphic designers, scientists etc.

LR does more, does it more efficiently and more simply.

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Lightroom 2 Ships!)
Message from heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] Lightroom 2 Ships!)