Subject: [Leica] Fwd: IMG model is not amused
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jul 28 21:18:41 2008

The LUG should have a daddy daughter photo contest.
Its a very strong genre all to itself. Very strong on the LUG.
Many of the strongest shots I see on the lug have come from this. Its a bit
of a phenomenon I really feel.

I would not be able to enter.
None of my daughters have been human.
Whiskered every one of them. And tailed.

I have however photographed many young gals and the energy or tension of
their daddy daughter photographing relationship comes through. Of a residual
nature.
Some gals really hate being photographed. And it came out of that.
I remind then gently of the farily obvious fact that - I'm not dad.
But it doesn't seem sometimes to work.
I don't claim to know the explanation for it or understand it.
But I've seen it at work with families;
And then in my photo studio.
But LUG dads seem to get great shots of their daughters.
Hoppy, Greg, Daniel; etc.

They do say that much of movie star charisma also fashion model charisma is
really anger. A little anger goes a long way. Riveting.
Why do we want to look at a certain face? And not another.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner