Subject: [Leica] Public Service Anouncement
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu Jul 24 13:15:58 2008

Quoth the wildlightphoto@earthlink.net :

> Yama Nawabi <mknawabi.lug@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you wanted to cross a patch of land laden with poison ivy,
> would one
> > be safe with a pair of jeans tucked into some boots? Or would you
> have
> > to take any further precautions?
>
> A detour is best.

According to some of the park rangers I know here, whitetailed deer
(and possibly other species) are not sensitive to the oil in poison
ivy and consider the tender leaves quite tasty.  Theoretically,
therefore, if you could find a hungry whitetail to lead you through
the ivy patch...--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request