Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200... Now defective 21 Elmarit
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 14:17:58 2008

Mark,

The photos are fine, I do not have a IR filter for the lens so the corners
are normal.  I will post a few photos tomorrow, but no real problem, just
the lens id function for this 6 bit lens does not work, unless I select the
proper frames manually.  Just venting about my first new Leica item that did
not work 100% as advertised out of the box.  I wish I had found the problem
while I was still near the dealer, although they did not have another to
exchange it with.  I can live with it until I get back from the trip, or
maybe see if they can fix while I wait when I am over there.  ;-)

Gene

From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>